How do I delete an app on Android? How do I uninstall a mobile app from my smartphone or tablet?
Why do I need to uninstall an Android mobile app? Users can choose from thousands of free and paid mobile apps in the Google Play Store. However, most apps are rarely or never used after installation.
To optimize your smartphone, it is recommended that you uninstall Android mobile apps. Learn how to uninstall and remove Android apps.
How do I uninstall an Android app?
There are two ways to uninstall a mobile app that you have downloaded from the Google Play Store. Both solutions will permanently remove the app from your Android phone.
However, you can reinstall it by downloading it from the Play Store. Here’s a guide on how to uninstall Android apps on your phone.
Method 1: Uninstall an Android app quickly
This is the fastest way to uninstall one or more apps on Android. How do I uninstall apps on Android? Here are the steps to follow:
- Find the “Delete Mobile” option on the home screen of your smartphone.
- Always open the menu with the app icon at the top of the screen.
- Drag the app icon to the trash by pressing and holding it.
- The confirmation “Delete the app” appears on the screen. Select “Yes” if you want to remove the app completely from your phone.
Method 2: Delete the application from the application manager.
You can also remove a mobile app from the app manager on Android. Here is a step-by-step guide to uninstall an app on Android:
- Go to Settings. To start the process, go to Settings.
- Find the “Apps” menu and click on the “Manage apps” link.
- Select the app you want to remove and click “Remove”.
- Confirm the uninstallation to permanently remove the mobile app.
How to disable pre-installation on Android?
I can’t uninstall an application on Android? When you start a new Android smartphone, you may notice that some apps are pre-installed on the phone.
These are often unwanted and unnecessary apps. It is best to disable pre-installed apps on your Android device after purchase.
Learn how to remove preinstalled Android apps.
It is often impossible to remove preinstalled apps on Android devices. Therefore, it is necessary to disable these mobile apps in order not to remove them completely.
A disabled application on Android will only be visible in the application manager. Tools to remove applications preinstalled by the manufacturer or carrier on Android.
How do I remove factory apps on Android? Here’s how to disable a pre-installed mobile application on Android:
- Click “Settings”. A new Android settings screen will appear.
- Find the “Apps” menu and click on the “Apps Management” link.
- Select the app you want to remove and click “Disable”.
- Confirm the deactivation to hide the mobile app.
Why should I uninstall Android applications?
All apps installed on an Android cell phone consume power and require storage space. Thus, the more apps you have installed, the lower the performance of your smartphone or tablet.
Some applications consume a lot of power, which significantly reduces battery life. By deleting power-hungry apps, you can increase the time between charges on your phone. As for storage memory, some apps cache a large amount of data. This reduces your mobile storage capacity.
For example, by simply deleting messaging and Facebook apps, your Android can be 15% faster. It is recommended to disable, uninstall and delete apps that you don’t use much or at all. This will increase the speed of your phone by freeing up memory.
You can find management applications in the Android operating system that allow you to see the most and least used applications, the applications that consume the most mobile data (Internet, 3G, 4G, and 5G), and battery.
With this information, you can easily manage the applications available on your Android device and delete unused applications.
***Are you an Android fan? Read this!